This extraordinary building has been a historic fixture in Warrensburg since 1889. It has served as a storefront for local businesses, originally starting off as a small copper shop. In 1889 W.H. Hartman and Isaac Markward built the current building at the cost of $18,000 (approx $540,000 today). The building was then leased to the Quarry City Orchestra and they subleased it. The opera area has a seating capacity of 800. In 1893 the opera house started having shows. The first floor was vacant except for a cabinet shop in the rear. In 1907 buggies and implements were being stored and sold on the first floor; the cabinet shop remained in the rear. Businesses also housed in this building included Vitt-Mayes-Garrison Manufacturing Company in 1932-1945 which became the Brookfield-Garrison Manufacturing Company in 1945-1963, and Unitog Company Office and Plant in 1967.